Our Comprehensive Dental Hygiene Examination
- Our dental hygienist will carefully examine and chart your teeth and gums noting health, disease, inflammation, swelling, bleeding, infection, gum recession and the presence of plaque and calculus.
- Routine scaling & polishing
- Your dental hygienist will then use special tools to gently remove the build up of plaque and calculus, especially in those areas that you struggle to get to using everyday methods. Once this has been removed we then may use the latest air polishing system which fires a jet of compressed air, water and fine sodium bicarbonate particles at your teeth, and/ or a professional polish in order to smooth the enamel surface and remove debris. This cleans your teeth thoroughly, removing any superficial stains giving you an instantly whiter smile without bleaching.
Dental Hygiene Plan
- Your dental hygienist will provide you with advice and techniques to enable you to improve your own oral hygiene between hygienist visits and advise you on any special products which may be of benefit to you to maintain great dental hygiene, healthy teeth and lovely fresh breath.
Treatment of Periodontal Disease
- Patients requiring the treatment of periodontal disease will usually need a course of appointments with the dental hygienist. All necessary treatments are thoroughly explained prior to appointment, and are tailored individually for each patient’s needs. Our hygienists are well experienced in the treatment of advanced & complex periodontal problems and can do this with the use of local anaesthetic if required to make the treatment entirely pain-free. Our reputation in the successful treatment of periodontal disease is something we pride ourselves in. A successful outcome however, depends equally as much upon our patient’s excellent home plaque removal. This is something our hygienists will assure you can achieve, by having the necessary information & tools required to clean at home efficiently and easily.